Thursday, November 6, 2008

Veg families

I really want to raise my kids at least vegetarian (I won't make them be vegan). It's not going to do any harm to them, it would make them healthier. Just because people in the past have fed their children meat does not mean that I have to subject my own family to that kind of torture.

I want my family to be healthy and happy, and for me that means no meat.
I need to have a husband that can be supportive of my decision to raise my kids without the consumption of meat. When they get old enough they can decide for themselves whether or not they will be consuming dead carcasses, but hopefully they will be convinced to stay clear of rotting flesh.

I want to keep my kids healthy without meat. Meat has high fat, high cholesterol, and many chemical additives that over time can cause health issues. I fully intend on being vegan throughout pregnancies as well as the rest of my life, and it would be great to have healthy vegetarian kids. Kids that care about the lives of others, and are animal lovers. I hope that this will create a loving family dynamic, one that cares for the lives of other beings as well as all people. I hope that my family will be accepting and enthusiastic about this lifestyle.

I don't think it's unrealistic to want a healthy, loving family...I hope this can be achieved successfully.


2 comments:

Ben said...

I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as both parents are consenting. It could even be good for the children to have this sort of upbringing. But I do not think it is good to force one parent into this sort of child rearing. It has to be a mutual decision, or else you might as well not get married because it will be a source of too much conflict. A couple needs to learn to love and respect each others' personal decisions before they are mature enough to be married.

Ben said...

To add to that last comment because I don't know how to edit it, I'm not insinuating any sort of level of maturity in anyone in particular. I was just saying that in general, a standard of mature couples who are ready for marriage is a certain level of mutual respect and understanding. Without this level of maturity, the fighting will never stop. If you cannot accept someone for their differences, your only legitimate options are to try to be more open to differences in individuals, or to just give up and find someone else. Although, I cannot see the logic behind the latter suggestion, as understanding is such a key factor in love.